CJ Mahan Construction Company, LLC is our January 2020 Member Spotlight.
- Provide general information about your company (location, employees, primary business operation, etc.)
CJ Mahan Construction Company, LLC is a marine and heavy-civil contractor with over 40 years of experience building challenging and complex infrastructure projects throughout the Ohio River Valley. With headquarters in Columbus, Ohio and a marine port at Ohio River Mile Marker 481, Mahan has the resources available and marine experience that includes lock chambers, gate structures, dams, piers and industrial docks, barge loading facilities, and deep-water cofferdams. Additionally, our experience and capabilities include construction of deep heavy-capacity foundations, including drilled shafts, large-diameter driven steel piling, driven steel piles, micro-piles, and large reinforced concrete spread footings. We work with government institutions, including the United States Army Corps of Engineers, Marathon Petroleum and the Tennessee Valley Authority, as well as energy companies, the river transportation industry, commodity and material suppliers, river terminal operators and other public and private sector customers.
2) Recent news or event to report
Recently, Mahan successfully completed two projects local to the Cincinnati area. Greenup L&D included rehabilitation of the middle wall Monoliths and dredging the upstream intake at the Duke Energy Hydropower plant at Markland Dam.
Mahan’s current project locations on the Ohio River and its tributaries extends from Pittsburgh, PA to Paducah, KY. Those current project locations include:
- USACE, Concrete/Rock Anchors, Middle Wall Crack Stabilization, Montgomery Locks and Dam
- USACE, Montgomery Lock and Dam Gate Installation
- Kentucky River Authority Lock & Dam 10 – New Dam
- Marathon Petroleum, Nashville Dock Improvements
- Marathon Petroleum, Mt Vernon Dock Replacement
- USACE, QBS McAlpine Floating Mooring Bitt Repairs
- USACE, Lock and Dam 52 Removal
- USACE, Olmsted Maintenance Support
- KYTC, Mason County Bridge Replacement
- KYTC, Henderson County, Bridge Replacement
- White River Bridge Replacement, Arkansas
- USACE, Iowa Barrier Dam Pump Station
3) Year you became a CORBA member
4) A comment or quote on why you choose to be a member our CORBA
“CORBA provides a great resource for Mah an to stay connected with the local River Industry and follow any construction needs that may be required on the Ohio River and its tributaries. We routinely support and attend CORBA events which allows us a platform to communicate our message as a longstanding river contractor as well as interact with fellow river businesses. “
White River Bridge Replacement, Arkansas
Kentucky River Authority, Lock and Dam #10